Subscribe to my blog

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, December 18, 2017

Monday Missions

I know I've been really, really bad about keeping up with posts. I keep telling myself to do it but then putting it off until it's too late. As many of you might know, I'm a night owl. So it's usually really late when I finally feel like doing posts. But I hope to change that. I'm going to try and start doing posts a day or two ahead of time so that it doesn't really matter what time I start working on it.

Anyway... here's another MONDAY MISSIONS!

The book, fanfic, movie, tv series, and anime series I drew from my Monthly TBR. If I haven't explained it before, I have a jar each for Books, FFN, Movies, TV Series, and Anime series that I want to read/watch within the next year or so. Each month, I pull 6 from each jar which I put in a different Monthly jar. Then, I pull one of each category that I then put into a Weekly jar that I plan to read/watch that week. If I watch that movie or read that book and I want to watch another one, I'll pull another from my monthly jar. I try to pull a new list each Sunday, but sometimes I just can't get them all read/watched, and that puts my schedule off even more. But again, I really am gonna try and put more effort into my blog and stick to my own schedule...

Anyway... Here's what I pulled this week!


BOOK
Life & Death: Twilight Reimagined
By Stephenie Meyer

I know, I know, I'm wayyyy behind on this! But I finally managed to borrow it from my library (in ebook) so I'm just getting around to reading it. I know the reviews are mixed but I still want to read it for myself.


Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined is an additional, non-canon reimagining of Twilight. The book was written and published by Stephenie Meyer in honor of the 10th anniversary of the Twilight franchise. The story is set in an independent, parallel universe in which the most significant difference is that the genders, names and roles of the main characters have been reversed, with only a few exceptions.

The story follows essentially the same plotline as Twilight, but with necessary adjustments and slight changes to the story, dialogue, backgrounds, and personalities of the characters to accommodate the switched gender roles. Life and Death also features an alternate ending from the original plotline.

FANFIC
Darkest Before Dawn
By CatMasters

Ooooh, this is a dark one. Gonna need to be in the right frame of mind to read it.


What if Edward finally found his mate, but she had a troubled past and wanted to kill herself? Could he help her find a reason to live? Could she show him what he had always been missing? DARK themes, rape discussion and sexual content. AU, EPOV
Rated: Fiction M - English - Hurt/Comfort/Romance - Edward, Bella - Chapters: 51 - Words: 271,773 - Updated: Jan 24, 2012 - Published: Sep 22, 2009 - Status: Complete - id: 5393919

MOVIE
Wonder Woman

Yeah, behind on this. Still haven't watched it. I've been trying to get a family movie night together to watch it but haven't managed to yet. Regardless, I'm watching it this week!


When a pilot crashes and tells of conflict in the outside world, Diana, an Amazonian warrior in training, leaves home to fight a war, discovering her full powers and true destiny.

ADD IT TO YOUR WATCHLIST:

TV
Blood Drive

I've seen the first episode of this. It's gory and weird and steampunkish... and so far, pretty cool! Let's see if I can keep watching all that gore.


Set in a near-dystopian future, the series features a former cop, who is forced to take part in a death race in which cars run on human blood as fuel.

ADD IT TO YOUR WATCHLIST:

ANIME
Snow White with the Red Hair
(Akagami no Shirayuki-hime)

I'm already a couple episodes into this and while I think the animation is beautiful, I don't really yet see how this warranted two seasons. Like, it's good but so far, there's nothing particularly gripping about it. I dunno, maybe it'll pick up soon.


 Shirayuki is a beautiful girl working as a medicine woman with red hair, a color that is considered very rare. When she is proposed and chased after by the prince of her country, she cuts her hair and runs away, only to meet Zen, the prince of a neighboring country. Finding respect for the young man, she decides to serve at his side as his court doctor.

ADD IT TO YOUR WATCHLISTS:



No comments:

Post a Comment