Subscribe to my blog

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

TV Tuesday: Top 20 Favorite Current TV Series... and 10 HM!


*Other than the first two - which actually are my top favs - these are in no particular order. I typed them as I thought of them. Not all of these are playing right now, some are on break, but all are on-going!*

*Edited because holy hell all the grammar mistakes I made! I was trying to get this up as quickly as I could last night and I missed a whole lot of mistakes I was making.*

1.) Doctor Who... yes, no surprise to most people, my favorite show over the last five years or so has been Doctor Who! It doesn't always have the best effects or the best writing, but it is such a thrilling and poignant show. The humanity expressed in a show where the main character is an alien is just astounding. I love it... I love the messages in it and what it teaches. I love the relationships and The Doctor's constant struggle to keep himself in line, to fight off the darkness in his heart and fight for life and freedom... and the universe. I absolutely adore The Doctor. I wish The Doctor was real just so I could give him a big hug! ...which, should I start saying "her"? I am so fucking excited for the upcoming female Doctor! Jodie Wittaker has been cast as the next Doctor and I'm so looking forward to what she does with the role and where the show goes from here. As much as I love this show, it has grown a bit stale and repetitive... this is just the shakeup it needs! I can't wait! 😆

2.) Sense8... this has really become one of my favorites over the last couple years. The diversity expressed in this show, the show's ability to represent and seamlessly host such a diverse band of characters and settings is just awe-inspiring! IMO, this is a show other show writers should be using as an example of amazing show production. It's sooo good and I HIGHLY recommend! 

3.) Teen Wolf.. it's been on a bit of a rollercoaster... sometimes I'm not a big fan of the direction, sometimes I am, but it always entertains and I'm so sad to see it ending. 

4.) Game of Thrones... I actually haven't watched this last season yet. I plan to SOON, but I've held off watching any new episodes because this is one show I prefer to bingewatch!

5.) Shadowhunters... I am a big fan of Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter Universe of books and while I was initially hesitant about this show (it had a rocky start) I've actually come to really love it and I'm looking forward to season three! 

6.) Jessica Jones... JJ is my favorite among the Marvel Netflix shows! It was exciting and badass and I was really impressed with Krysten Ritter in the role. I think she's done amazingly well! She's surpassed my expectations for her based on other roles I've seen her in. 

7.) DareDevil... DD is my second favorite Marvel Netflix show. I enjoyed season two a bit more. The introduction of The Punisher really amped up my enjoyment and it has me looking forward to the Punisher's solo series that's coming soon!

8.) Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D... I'm a couple seasons behind, but I had to include it! I love this show! I love the Marvel Cinematic Universe and having this sideshow to sort of weave through the movies adds a lot of depth to the universe!

9.) Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt... I haven't seen the recent season for this one either, but it deserves to be on this list! It's hilarious!

10.) The Mindy Project... one of my favorite comedies! It introduced me to Mindy Kaling... who is awesome! I've read all of her books and I just love her brand of comedy. I hate that this next season is the last.  

11.) Orange is the New Black... bit behind on this, but it also deserves to be on this list. I remember watching that first season, I was HOOKED almost immediately! 

12.) Scorpion... I feel like this show was a really good show to fill the whole Num3ers left. It's funny, smart, it's got some romance, and the cases are almost always entertaining to watch! Not to mention the relationships, both romantic and friendly that makes the show what it is. This is one of the shows I'm very much looking forward to returning. 

13.) Lucifer... I'm surprised by how much I like this considering I've had some problems with it production-wise. But I've got high hopes for it and it is a really entertaining show that always has me waiting to see what's going to happen next! It's returning soon too!

14.) Once Upon a Time... cheesy and horrible effects, but so good, so much fun to watch!

15.) Supergirl.. same thing! Cheesy and has some really subpar effects at times, but I always enjoy myself when I watch it. I've got some catching up to do soon. I haven't seen the second half of the recent season. 

16.) Supernatural... this show is a journey! Yes, it's repetitive, yes, I've forgotten most of what's happened in previous seasons, but I can't stop watching, I can't stop rooting for Sam and Dean and Cas... and even Crowley at times. The first few seasons were definitely the best story-wise and production-wise, but I still love the show! 

17.) Jane The Virgin... another I'm behind on, but I couldn't not include it. It's so good. It's got all those elements of a really good soap opera, but it doesn't take itself too seriously. In fact, it makes fun of itself, it sort of parodies soap operas and telenuovos and it's great!

18.) Good Witch... as a huge fan of the movies, I was delighted to hear that this was getting a tv series... and I wasn't disappointed! It's got all the charm, the romance, and feel-good of the movies!

19.) iZombie... SO GOOD! So, So, GOOD! If you need a good buddy-comedy combined with crime drama combined with paranormal story, this show is for you! It's all that and more! iZombie is one show I think is horribly underrated! 

20.) The Good Place... I went back and forth adding this because it's only got one season so far, but that season was excellent and I think it's only going to get better!








Honorable Mentions:
American Housewife

The Walking Dead

The Big Bang Theory

Just Add Magic

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Brooklyn NineNine

The Goldbergs

The Flash

Ash vs Evil Dead

Stranger Things

No comments:

Post a Comment