Subscribe to my blog

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, September 18, 2017

Monday Missions


LAST WEEK UPDATE:

Book: I'm still reading Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco but I have some physical library books due soon so I won't be finishing this up until later.

Fanfic: I've read Geek Love by Forestrosesprite (LOVED IT!) but I found out that it has a sequel! I've already started on it, I'm a little over halfway through, so I'll be finishing that up tonight.

Movie: I got about halfway through Bridget Jones' Baby before I had to go take care of some things, but I hope to watch the rest of it tonight before bed so that I can move on to another movie this week.

TV: I finished up season three of Sleepy Hollow! I didn't find time to watch season four, so I've picked it for my tv watch this week.

Anime: I completed Barakamon! It was fantastic! If I write a review, it'll be included in my September wrapup later this month, but I did give it a 9 star (or 4.5 star for my blog) rating!

WHAT I PULLED FROM MY TBR JAR THIS WEEK

The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4)
by Richelle Mead

SYNOPSIS: 
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the wolds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her...

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.

Pulses will race throughout this smoldering fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where no secret is safe.

What I also hope to read...
Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5)
by Richelle Mead

The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines #6)
by Richelle Mead

Always
By: knicnort3

SYNOPSIS: 
Bella's life was in shambles until she took a chance and rediscovered a love that refused to die...AU, B/E, HEA. This story has a fantastic twist that most don't see coming. If you're looking for a "realistic" story, this aint it, but there are absolutely NO VAMPIRES!

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter


SYNOPSIS: 
Alice returns to where the nightmare began: The Hive in Raccoon City, where the Umbrella Corporation is gathering its forces for a final strike against the only remaining survivors of the apocalypse.


I might watch the whole series of movies... haven't decided yet. But this is the only one I haven't seen.

Sleepy Hollow
It's time to stop putting it off and watch the last four episodes of season 3 and the whole of season 4. 

SYNOPSIS: 
Ichabod Crane is resurrected and pulled two and a half centuries through time to unravel a mystery that dates all the way back to the founding fathers.

Tokyo Ghoul

SYNOPSIS: 
Tokyo has become a cruel and merciless city—a place where vicious creatures called “ghouls” exist alongside humans. The citizens of this once great metropolis live in constant fear of these bloodthirsty savages and their thirst for human flesh. However, the greatest threat these ghouls pose is their dangerous ability to masquerade as humans and blend in with society.

Based on the best-selling supernatural horror manga by Sui Ishida, Tokyo Ghoul follows Ken Kaneki, a shy, bookish college student, who is instantly drawn to Rize Kamishiro, an avid reader like himself. However, Rize is not exactly who she seems, and this unfortunate meeting pushes Kaneki into the dark depths of the ghouls' inhuman world. In a twist of fate, Kaneki is saved by the enigmatic waitress Touka Kirishima, and thus begins his new, secret life as a half-ghoul/half-human who must find a way to integrate into both societies.

No comments:

Post a Comment