Subscribe to my blog

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, November 16, 2017

TAG THURSDAY ~ The GOODREADS TAG







This was a re-read. I am quite behind on my reading goal this year and so I'm trying to catch up using graphic novels and books I've read before that I know I can finish in one night. Like this one. I started it before bed and then finished it within a couple hours after waking up.

Lochlan MacAllister was born to lead. Ruthlessly groomed to take control of his clan, he has given his life to his people. But when he learns that the brother he thought was dead might still be alive, he embarks on a quest to find the truth.
Catarina wants a life of freedom. But now Catarina's royal father wants to use her as a pawn to ensure a treaty between conflicting lands. So much so that he's willing to kidnap his daughter to force the issue. But when she escapes, fate throws her into the path of a man she loathes.

Lochlan is stunned to find the shrewish Cat being hauled away by unknown men. Unwilling to see even her suffer, he frees her only to learn that she has her own demons to fight. When their fates intertwine, two people who know nothing of trust must rely on each other, and two enemies who have vowed their eternal hatred must find common ground, or see their very lives shattered.


I have a bunch of books on my currently reading shelf. Lots of books that I've started but put down and haven't picked back up in some time. And many that I plan to read soon. The books I am actively reading or am picking back up next are...




Handa-kun Vol 1
by Satsuki Yoshino, Krista Shipley (Translator), Karie Shipley (Translator)

Before his exile to an island and his exploits with Naru and friends in the pages of Barakamon, Sei Handa was a neurotic teen and aspiring calligrapher, who was convinced that his classmates despised him! His enigmatic nature, though, makes him a magnet to everyone around him, and every day is a comedy of errors. Prepare yourself for one of the funniest manga in years as it follows the misadventures of Handa-kun!



After the four under question two, I'll probably read...


The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Book 1
by Denise Mina (Goodreads Author) (Adaptor), Leonardo Manco (Illustrator), Andrea Mutti (Goodreads Author) (Illustrator), Stieg Larsson (Adapted from)

The official graphic novel adaptation of Stieg Larsson's THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO. This is book 1 of 2. Both books also were combined into a single volume.

Harriet Vanger, a scion of one of Sweden's wealthiest families disappeared over forty years ago. All these years later, her aged uncle continues to seek the truth. He hires Mikael Blomkvist, a crusading journalist recently trapped by a libel conviction, to investigate. He is aided by the pierced and tattooed punk prodigy Lisbeth Salander. Together they tap into a vein of unfathomable iniquity and astonishing corruption.



Yes.
5 Stars = It's a favorite and I will likely read it again!
4 Stars = I really enjoyed it, I may or may not read it again.
3 Stars = I liked it, but it had flaws.
2 Stars = I liked parts, but it fell apart.
1 Star = I wanted to like it, but didn't.
DNF = Didn't like, didn't finish.

I also use go up or down by half stars when there's something I've read that doesn't quite meet those parameters.



Yes.
And I'm unfortunately, I'm still behind by 9 books. I have to read 28 books in the next 6 weeks to meet my reading goal.

2017 Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge
Lisa has read 122 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide





I don't have an income right now and can't actually buy books, but I do borrow books from my library. Often. My next borrow is probably...


Tortall: A Spy's Guide (Tortall)
by Tamora Pierce

The secrets of Tortall are revealed. . . .

As Tortall’s spymaster, George Cooper has sensitive documents from all corners of the realm. When Alanna sends him a surprising letter, he cleans out his office and discovers letters from when King Jonathan and Queen Thayet first ascended the throne, notes on creating the Shadow Service of spies, threat-level profiles on favorite characters, Daine’s notes on immortals, as well as family papers, such as Aly’s first report as a young spy and Neal’s lessons with the Lioness. This rich guide also includes the first official timeline of Tortallan events from when it became a sovereign nation to the year Aly gives birth to triplets. Part history, part spy training manual, and entirely fascinating, this beautiful guide makes a perfect gift and is ideal for anyone who loves Alanna, King Jonathan, Queen Thayet, Kel, Neal, Aly, Thom, Daine, Numair, and the unforgettable world of Tortall! 




That's a really tough question. But, I'd say my top favs off the top of my head are...


Amelia Atwater Rhodes
Tamora Pierce
Cassandra Clare
John Green
Lois Duncan
Meg Cabot
John Saul
Alison Goodman
JK Rowling
Richelle Mead





Laurie R. King Virtual Book Club
Laurie R. King Virtual Book Club 1113 members The official book club for readers of mystery author Laurie R. King

Books we've read

The Adventure of the Three Garridebs
Califia's Daughters
Carmilla
The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle
Leave the Grave Green
Pirate King
Beekeeping for Beginners
The Janissary Tree
A Grave Talent
In the Bleak Midwinter
The Brutal Telling
Bury Your Dead
To Say Nothing of the Dog
A Morbid Taste for Bones
The Moor
The Hound of the Baskervilles
The Beekeeper's Apprentice
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Smoke
Still Life


View this group on Goodreads »


Perustopia Book Club
Perustopia Book Club 18418 members Hello everybody! Regan and I are teaming up and decided to make a book club where we can all read awesome books together each month! We will also have discussions and live shows for the books we read. =) Hope you join us and happy reading! Sasha's channel: http://www.youtube.com/abookutopia Regan's channel: https://www.youtube.com/PeruseProject

Books we've read

Hollywood Witch Hunter
Rook
Carry On
Soundless
Curio
Cursed by the Gods
Lady Midnight
The Lightning Thief
The Hidden Oracle
Rebel of the Sands
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Baby Doll


View this group on Goodreads »


The Feminist Orchestra Bookclub
The Feminist Orchestra Bookclub 3328 members Discover and recommend more feminist reads here: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/96419.The_Feminist_Orchestra_Potential_Reading_List We're also on twitter: https://twitter.com/femorchestra #feministorchestra Sick of sexist comments from people online and being accused of banging my 'feminist drum' by intolerant people I have decided to start a Feminist Bookclub on Booktube. All engagement is welcome though, on youtube, on blogs and on goodreads. This is not 'my' bookclub, however, it belongs to all of us. I strongly believe feminism, which means equality of all sexes in society, not to be about the individual but about everyone and to be a group movement. Therefore, I want this bookclub to be a group. I have chosen the first 6 books on the reading list to make things easier and get things started. I have however been collecting a list of books we might like to read, more additions to which are welcome. Please use #feministorchestra on twitter, instagram and elsewhere so we can all share our posts, thoughts, discussion and book reviews All fantastic name credit goes to Chelsea: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr5ozf3OVhcWVbr_f7ONJpw

Books we've read

Take It as a Compliment
The Woman Warrior
A Room of One's Own
Everyday Sexism
Girls Will Be Girls: Dressing Up, Playing Parts and Daring to Act Differently
Feminine Gospels: Poems
I Call Myself A Feminist: The View from Twenty-Five Women Under Thirty
Who Fears Death
You Can't Keep a Good Woman Down: Short Stories
Redefining Realness: My Path to Womanhood, Identity, Love & So Much More
I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Kissing the Witch: Old Tales in New Skins


View this group on Goodreads »


FINDING AUDREY READ-ALONG
FINDING AUDREY READ-ALONG 11575 members PASSENGER by ALEXANDRA BRACKEN read-along! Liveshow will be January 30th at 7:00pm EST!

Books we've read

Panic
Rebel Belle
Attachments
We Were Liars
The Warrior Heir
The Night Circus
Rumble
Black Ice
Mockingjay
Blankets
The Final Empire
These Broken Stars


View this group on Goodreads »


Top 5 Wednesday
Top 5 Wednesday 8459 members Welcome to the official group page of the T5W! This weekly book meme officiated in November 2013 and is still going strong! Join the group to become a T5W-er and check out the topics for the current month!

Books we've read



View this group on Goodreads »



Our Shared Shelf
Our Shared Shelf 206925 members Dear Readers, As part of my work with UN Women, I have started reading as many books and essays about equality as I can get my hands on. There is so much amazing stuff out there! Funny, inspiring, sad, thought-provoking, empowering! I’ve been discovering so much that, at times, I’ve felt like my head was about to explode… I decided to start a Feminist book club, as I want to share what I’m learning and hear your thoughts too. The plan is to select and read a book every month, then discuss the work during the month’s last week (to give everyone time to read it!). I will post some questions/quotes to get things started, but I would love for this to grow into an open discussion with and between you all. Whenever possible I hope to have the author, or another prominent voice on the subject, join the conversation. If you fancy it, please join up and participate. Everyone is welcome. I would be honoured! Emma x

Books we've read

Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl
The Vagina Monologues
Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype
Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide
How to Be a Woman
The Complete Persepolis
The Beauty Myth
The Handmaid's Tale
Mom & Me & Mom
My Life on the Road
The Argonauts
The Color Purple
All About Love: New Visions
Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body


View this group on Goodreads »

~*~*~*~*~*~

I TAG YOU! If you've read this post, I tag you to do it too!
Comment with links so I can see yours! :)


THE QUESTIONS:
1. What was the last book you marked as 'read'?
2. What are you currently reading?
3. What was the last book you marked as 'TBR'?
4. What book do you plan to read next?
5. Do you use the star rating system?
6. Are you doing a 2014 Reading Challenge?
7. Do you have a wishlist?
8. What book do you plan to buy next?
9. Do you have any favorite quotes, would you like to share a few?
10. Who are your favorite authors?
11. Have you joined any groups?
12. Are there any questions you would like to add?

No comments:

Post a Comment